Application Deadline: October 9, 2008
American International University Bangladesh (AIUB), Bangladesh
Number and value of Scholarships
Each student will receive AUD $6,000 – funds will be sent electronically to their nominated bank account once the student has been accepted by UniSA and provided their Confirmation of Enrolment (COE). Students will be responsible to pay the Overseas Health Cover cost of AUD $185 per Study Period (Semester).
The scholarships are provided by the Australian Government (Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations) AUD $5,000 and the University of South Australia AUD $1,000.
Criteria for Selection of Students
Students must meet the following criteria:
- 2 undergraduate business students.
- Scholarships are open to both female and male students.
First half of 2009 – UniSA Study Period 2 (Semester 1): 16 February – 3 July 2009
- Undergraduate students in their second or third year. Students cannot be studying a UniSA program at their home university.
- Students must receive academic credit at their home university for the studies undertaken on exchange at UniSA.
- Students must have a minimum academic grade of 65% or above.
- Students must meet UniSA’s minimum English language requirements of 6.0 IELTS overall with 6.0 in the Reading and Writing sub-scores. This requirement must be met before a COE will be granted. Students require a COE prior to lodging their student visa application. If students have not met the required IELTS score they must book a test as soon as possible to avoid any delays.
- Students must have a current passport.
This date include the orientation period.
Students must lodge their visas at least 12 weeks in advance, please encourage students to apply early. UniSA will provide a letter to the student confirming scholarship funding.
It is often necessary for students from Bangladesh to engage the services of an education agent to obtain a student visa to study in Australia. Shaheda Educational Consultancy (SEC) has agreed to assist the students in obtaining a visa and taking an IELTS test. Please contact SEC for further assistance.
Shaheda Educational Consultancy (SEC)
Apt. no. 3b, House no. 21, Road no. 17, Banani. Dhaka 1213
Tel: (880) 2 8817404, 8861947, 8828210
Email: Shaheda Ahmad firstname.lastname@example.org
Mizanul Huq Himel email@example.com mobile no. is 0088 01714323267
For further details contact:
Manzur H Khan, Coordinator, Office of Student Affairs
firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 8811749, 9894229, 8815387 (Ext 134)